Monday 27 November 2017

Thing 4 communicating visually

I did not have a good experience while trying to complete this task.
I decided to work with Photofunia rather than the other two.  This was because in the past I worked on advertising through posters rather than videos and felt that I would have more experience in this area.

I downloaded the Photofunia app to my phone and found those steps easy to follow.  I amended photos on my phone using the app.  I found this to be accessible but when I tried to download photos from Flickr of libraries and books to incorporate into a library poster I could not do so.  Perhaps it was my phone's inability to save downloaded images and use them for another purpose.  I tried in numerous ways to overcome this but nothing worked.  In the end I gave up as I felt that Photofunia would be good and fun to use on your own photos but am still unsure how to incorporate it in a professional capacity.
A day later I went back and played around with signs such as Neon sign where you can type in your message.  It looked fun but I felt that for an academic library it would not be appropriate or effective.  I worked in a public libraries previous to my current role and felt that this type of software would be more apt.  It could be utilised to highlight children's events, coffee mornings, clubs and meetings.
I just feel it would be too distracting in an academic library setting.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you didn't have a good time with this Thing! I don't use Flickr on my phone, but I'll have a play around with it and see if I can figure out what your issue might have been.

    A nice image bank with professional looking images you might like is stocksnap.io

    A lot of the stuff you can do with Photofunia is a bit goofy, but I used it in our latest blog post for Rudai 23 in a way that I hope wasn't overly silly! The post I'm referring to is here:

    http://rudai23.blogspot.ie/2017/11/change-of-schedule-reprieve.html

    Thanks for your post! --Kris

    ReplyDelete

Reflective practice

REFLECTIVE PRACTICE This is my reflective practice post.  I have broken it into three areas.  It is simply divided by THING 3, THING 4 &...